Easy Turkey Meatball Rice Pasta
use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 6 oz lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded raw spinach
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- Sea salt and red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup forbidden rice pasta
- 1/8 cup marinara (natural and low sodium)
- 1 1/2 cup raw spinach
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- Mix together ground turkey, chopped raw spinach, red onion, garlic, and spices. Mix using your hands until the spinach is completely mixed into the meat.
- Form two or three meatballs of roughly the same size using your hands. You can also use a food scale to weigh and measure each portion if you are a beginner.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in the oven on 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or sauté on a skillet using spray olive oil.
- Cook pasta and stir in tomatoes, spinach.
- Mix in cooked meatballs and enjoy!
- For more servings double or triple the recipe.
Creates one serving with 435 calories – Total fat 15.3 grams – Saturated fat 4.3 grams – Cholesterol 122mg – Sodium 497 mg – Total Carbohydrate 38.3 grams – dietary fiber 10.9 grams – Total sugars 20.6 grams – Protein 42.6 grams.